Getting Yahoo mail to work with the Mail app

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Bowlerguy10, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

How do I go about this? Besides forwarding which i'm not a big fan of how do I do this?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

this is a general problem with yahoo mail I believe, the majority if not all touch users with mail cant use yahoo mail via imap

3. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was searching the internet and I found out that some people are using Push Yahoo Mail for their iPhones. I don't know how to use this though. Could anyone instruct me?

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

just had a nose on net and seems yahoo mail push is a paid service via yahoo.

5. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

Yahoo mail is free for iPhone users, but it doesn't work on the touch. The iPhone has something present in it that the touch, obviously doesn't have that allows you to use yahoo mail without paying.

7. emb531 macrumors member

Its worth it to pay the $20 bucks a YEAR to get POP forwarding....I mean you guys just spent at least $300 on the touch itself...whats 20 more for a year of service?

I purchased it, and I can definatley say it was worth the money, mail speed seems to be increased and viewing on the touch is flawless.

Spend the $20, its worth it.

8. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

What did you guys think of that link that I posted though? He seems to have it working.

9. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

I just signed up for it and seems to be working great. No paying Yahoo for anything. The only bad thing is now your dependent on 2 sites being up instead of one. Not that Yahoo is down all the time, but still.

All in all, it a great service http://izymail.com is providing for free. It gets me my Yahoo mail on my iPod touch. I'm happy.

10. CopyChief macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure this is linked to your AT&T account. So IMAP is a yahoo subscription-only service. I have Yahoo's premium e-mail through AT&T DSL and IMAP does not work.

Here's what I did to get IMAP working: I use my Gmail account, and have it pull POP mail from my Yahoo account. I use my Yahoo SMTP address, so mail that I send does not come from Gmail. On my mac at home, I have it sync to Gmail IMAP but still send from Yahoo as well. This way, any mail I "send" from the touch also appears in the sent messages on my mac.

It's a workaround, but isn't technically forwarding and is mostly transparent to people getting your e-mails.

11. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Yea but this is a service that most of Yahoo's competitors offer for free.