Gettting photos from comp into Cards?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dario D., Oct 17, 2011.

1. Dario D. macrumors newbie

Hi, all. :)
    I have a bunch of photos on my computer. I'm trying to get one of them moved over, so I can put it on a card, in Cards (Apple's app for making/sending greeting cards, which they just released). Any idea how to do this?

Cards wants me to choose a photo from the built-in camera roll, so, when I bring up the camera roll on the COMPUTER (open it like a flash drive), I can't drag photos into it; only out.

2. zdecent macrumors newbie

Solution #1

You need to get the photos off your phone and onto your computer. If you're using Windows, go to My Computer, and right click your iPhone listed at the bottom under "Portable Devices". You wanna click the option that says "Import Photos" then choose a destination folder. Once the files are on your computer you should be able to use them like any other photo.

Failing that, you can download an app called "Photo Transfer" or just "Transfer". It allows you to connect to your WiFi network, then select the photos you want on your computer (Or all of them) and then provides you with a series of numbers to type into your Browser's address bar on your PC. There is a link on the page it takes you to, and that link will download all the pictures to your computer.

Give that a go, and let me know if it helps.

3. scousers macrumors member

4. Dario D. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. :)
    Btw, sorry, this thread got posted twice, somehow. I only meant to post this one, in the iPod Touch section. I started writing it here, though, and I guess I hit Submit, at some point.