Gevey 3G Doesn't Fit/Doesn't Work

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HeatherA, Jun 19, 2009.

1. HeatherA macrumors 6502

HeatherA

My daughter put her Gevey 3G card in her new iPhone 3Gs and the tray did not want to go all the way in, once we got it in we could not get it out. When in the sim did not work we just got the message "No Sim Card". It still works fine in her iPhone 3G. Anyone successfully using one of these to unlock their new 3Gs?

I'm worried we'll have to go back to our 3G phones and not use the new ones since it is bound to be a while before these are software unlocked.

2. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

turbo sims won't work, just wait for the software unlock to come out. Probly monday or earlier

3. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

You really think it will be that soon for the 3Gs? I was thinking it'd be months.

4. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

o nvm, im was thinking you had a 3g with 3.0 on it, There probly will be 3gs turbo sim in a few weeks

5. damianmtc macrumors newbie

rebel sims are stating that they now have a new v75 that is compatible with the 3GS they say that the old ones won't work cause of a redesigned sim tray. I don't know how true this is as i don't have one and I don't have my 3GS yet but when I have both I'll let u know how it goes

Damian

6. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

That's probably true because it does not fit anymore. I may have to order one of those and try it to see. Until then she'll just have to suffer and use AT&T. :)

If anyone else has any experience with these and the 3Gs please post.

Thanks!

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you already have an account with AT&T then why are you trying to unlock them?