Gevey and iOS 5.0.1 (on iPhone 4) experiences?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fullmanfullninj, Jan 15, 2012.

1. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Right now I have an iPhone 4, baseband 04.10 on a tethered jailbreak on 4.3.5. I have an older Gevey Pro or whatever it was called, genuine off applenberry's website.

I'm beginning to get tired of the tethered jailbreak and tethered unlock. When I lose signal at home, it takes sometimes 30-60 minutes to get signal back, since there are only 2-3 bars at home (extended version: it'll show like 3 bars and edge symbol, but the T-Mobile logo doesn't show and then it goes back to 1 bar then searching).

Anyway, I'm most likely going to buy myself a Gevey Ultra soon so at least I'll have "untethered" unlock, but I figured I may as well upgrade to an untethered jailbreak.

I've been reading all the Gevey&iOS 5.0.1 threads on here and other sites, but most of it has been talking about furiousmod and stuff. I guess I'm asking for members' experiences with iOS5 and Gevey Ultra. Does it at least work? For now, I don't mind doing manual, but what matters most in my decision whether or not to upgrade is if it at least works. Based on what I've read, it seems to work...but if any members who have Gevey + iOS 5.0.1 could post with feedback, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks :)

2. DangerPanda macrumors member

It works and you can even get it to auto unlock with the new furiousmod package posted here a while back. Just remember to preserve your baseband.

3. fullmanfullninj thread starter macrumors regular

Mmm, I guess I will go ahead and give this a try soon. Next time I have to go through the tethered jailbreak / tethered unlock I think I'll just upgrade lol