Gevey issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Geckotek, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

So, I had my iPhone 4 on 4.3.3 and Baseband 4.10.1 up and running on a blank T-Mobile SIM showing T-Mobile as the carrier.

Fast forward a few weeks, I've been out of town travelling and the phone has been sitting in my trunk. I pull it out today to sell to a potential buyer and the danged thing takes 5 minutes to boot...and when it does it comes up in recovery mode. I try and try several things at work to get it going but nothing works. I come home and connecting it to iTunes, seemingly it comes up and all is well...but not really.

Currently it's in a mode going back and forth between a recovery mode or a partially working activated mode, but the signal never connects to T-Mobile. I can get it up and running on my working AT&T sim.

What is the most stable setup for me to get this thing on to sell to a potential buyer? I'd like to be able to walk up to them, they drop a T-Mobile micro-sim in and they are off and running.

Thoughts?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1. Do a hard reboot of the phone to clear out whatever memory between your sim & Gevey. Then, it will work with the buyer's sim.
    2. Is this phone jailbroken? if so, you can buy a Gevey Ultra, install furiousmod.com and you will have an unlock phone. Similar to factory unlocked phone where you do not need to do anything.

3. Geckotek, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011

Geckotek thread starter macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yeah, it's jailbroken w/ the Furious Mod installed and using a Gevey Ultra.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by a hard reboot? I've powered it off and on several times. Mostly it comes up in recovery mode (iTunes prompt). However, TinyUmbrella is not giving the option to Exit Recovery....

Edit: Would it be a good idea to re-jailbreak using the latest version of Redsn0w?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Base on your post. It is in recovery mode now and not at home screen. Am I right?

5. Geckotek thread starter macrumors G3

Geckotek

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Do you know if you have SHSH blobs save for this phone?

Recovery mode = Itunes + USB

Activation screen = Itunes + USB + emergency slide bar

Which screen you have on your phone now?

7. Geckotek thread starter macrumors G3

Geckotek

I do have the blobs...and yeah, I meant to say Activation screen.

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

There are 2 options for you to bring your phone to home screen.

1. Activate it with an AT&T sim. old/inactive sim works as well, all you have to do is to leave it in the phone, open Itunes and it will activate the phone and bring it to home screen. If you don't have it around, try to borrow 1 from your friends, co-workers etc.. it takes about 2 minutes.

2. Hactivate it with Redsn0w.

9. Geckotek thread starter macrumors G3

Geckotek

Hactivate means using an already activated custom IPSW, correct? I think that was what I currently had loaded. That or I tried it in the past and it didn't work?? (been too long) I tried using my AT&T sim as well with no luck. I honestly think the IPSW was corrupt or something.

In the end I tried restoring to a stock 4.3.3 IPSW using Redsn0w 0.9.6rc19. This reminded me that something was always broken about that process ....no data service (even though the 3G indicator was present).

So I finally used the latest version of Redsn0w. I don't recall what I did first (I was multi-tasking ;)), but at one point the phone was in recovery mode so instead of using TU to kick it out, I used Redsn0w. This actually ran through setting the phone to DFU mode and then ran through what looked like a jailbreak, but was shorter and the phone was not actually jailbroken in the end. However, I had a stock 4.3.3 firmware loaded w/ 3G services working. Perfect.

Jailbroke with jailbreakme.com
    Installed FuriousMod
    Booted w/ Gevey Ultra installed
    Hit Accept
    A few minutes later, phone comes up w/ T-Mobile

Now I'm power cycling it a few times to make sure it's stable.