Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rayzha

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
Hi guys. I just recently unlocked my phone with Gevey Pro and I was wondering if I would be charged roaming fees if I enabled data roaming so my data would work.

Thanks in advance!

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
If you leave the option on then your phone will be able to use another carriers data when it roams outside its network.
So in other works if you're roaming outside your coverage area and use another carriers data you might be charged.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Hi guys. I just recently unlocked my phone with Gevey Pro and I was wondering if I would be charged roaming fees if I enabled data roaming so my data would work.

Thanks in advance!

Are you suggesting or believing that you won't be charged for roaming when you are using Gevey Pro to unlock? Gevey Pro unlock let's you use unofficial carriers but not steal it. You will ALWAYS be charged for roaming no matter what unlock method you use.

Unless you are using local sim card/carriers then you will ALWAYS be charged for roaming when overseas.

Last edited:

rayzha

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
So as long as I am on my carrier's network (tmobile) i should be good?

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
i have unlock two iphone in the past with gevey ultra and the pro! None of them i can get signal bar(still able to call) or 3g(network) any idea?

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
Most prepaid options don't allow roaming to begin with, so it is of no merit. If you happen to be with a provider that does allow roaming (and it costs more) just toggle off Data Roaming. Or cellular data altogether when roaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.