GEVEY SIM: Call Failed?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xXSL1MXx, Jul 2, 2011.

1. xXSL1MXx macrumors member

Aug 24, 2009
    Every time I dial 112, i get "call failed" even though I have 1 bar of signal? I have gotten it to unlock before with the same SIM and chip. It seems like it only works whenever it wants to. I do everything correctly and have restored countless times. I have removed the sim tray and reinserted too. Any advice?
  2. awadeee macrumors 68020

Jan 21, 2011
    Viper City
    Sounds like your Gevey is defective. Are you sure you're using a legitimate one or is it a knock off?
  3. xXSL1MXx, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011

xXSL1MXx thread starter macrumors member

Aug 24, 2009
    Well i think it's a knock off because it only cost me $5 :eek:! So if i buy the official $30 it shouldnt do this?

I just checked Geveys official website. Their chip doesnt work at all while this fake one does every once in a while...How does that make sense?????
  4. bbmiLo macrumors regular

Apr 3, 2011

No idea what you are talking about.
    I have been using the original Gevey for almost 4 months on one phone, and Gevey Pro for a month on another phone, both working flawlessly.

When I also tried a "knock-off", it still worked, but only about 50% of time.
    You know you have a "knock-off", so live with the consequence.
  5. rgarjr macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Southern California
    get the real deal dude. Gevey Ultra user here.
  6. xXSL1MXx thread starter macrumors member

Aug 24, 2009
    You guys have no idea what I've been through these past weeks. I've bought 2 different gevey sims and neither work. I'd buy the original but it doesn't support 4.10.01. The other 2 I bought give me call failed. It's not the sim card, it works perfect on other phones. Could it possibly be the phone?
  7. bmacir macrumors 6502

Apr 2, 2009
    Hi, I have a question for a GU user......does the Gevey Ultra require you to extract the sim every time you reboot (like I have to do with my Gevey 1st gen), or not?

PS: sorry for hijacking this thread...:eek:
  8. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2011
    4.10.01 is supported.
  9. xXSL1MXx thread starter macrumors member

Aug 24, 2009
    Have you tried it? That's not what their official website says.
  10. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2011
    Yeah it works. I have tried it on all 4.3.x firmwares (stock)