Gevey Sim vs Gevey Ultra

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by still in school, Jul 28, 2011.

1. still in school macrumors 6502

I have the original Gevey sim and was interested in getting the Ultra version. But after reading recent posts, it seems like you still have to go through the process of dialing 112 and airplane mode. What's the difference between the two?

2. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Dialing 112 is only required when you are going through the instructions to unlock the iPhone....

3. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

You won't have to re-do the process if you reboot your phone with the Ultra.

The Ultra requires you to have a jailbroken iPhone though, which can be a tricky combination (everything must match: iOS, baseband, jailbroken, gevey SIM, ... to what point is it getting too complicated?)

4. tsg20 macrumors member

Quick question - can I still use a Gevey Ultra manually, i.e. dialing 112 without having to JB? I've been happily using a Pro from Appleberry in one phone, and wanted to just buy another one from them for our other phone, but it looks like they don't have them any more. On the other hand the description says:

"Manual Process
    •Recommended for basic users
    •Works on iOS 4.1, 4.2, 4.2.1, 4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, and 4.3.5
    •Setup time will take less than 3 minutes
    •Applenberry staff provides full technical support"

so I'm guessing the 112 process still works?

Alternatively, does anyone know of anywhere that is *definitely* legitimately selling Pros still? I don't want to mess around with possibly buying a fake.

5. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

The whole gevey thing is based on dialing 112 it would work irrespective.
    In ultra a software does it for u and hence ..:)