Gevey-simple mobile question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by italeki, May 2, 2011.

1. italeki macrumors regular

I already have the Gevey Sim Card. My iPhone 4 now shows T-mobile as the cell phone carrier instead of Simple Mobile. I can make calls but the reception is a little spotty now. Do I still need to enter the MMS settings from Simple Mobile on my iPhone 4? The phone is not jailbroken, only unlocked with the Gevey. Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you're using it on Tmobile USA or any of its prepaid companies you have to turn off 3G in settings so your signal doesnt drop and flunctuate.

3. italeki thread starter macrumors regular

I'm with Simple Mobile network. I was also made aware of the 3G disabling, but I was wondering if I still need to enter the MMS settings from Simple Mobile on my iPhone 4 while under Gevey sim activation?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You might if it didnt input them automaticly there.
    Not sure what those settings would be though, you'd have to contact Simple Mobile for their MMS server information.

5. italeki thread starter macrumors regular

I have the mms server information but was wondering if it's still needed with the Gevey unlock.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Is it?
    If you can send MMS messages then you dont need it, if you cant then you have to manually input them.