Gevey Ultra in Spain

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Andrew83Ga, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Andrew83Ga macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I've posted before on this, but wasn't sure if it was better to resurrect an older post or start new. Anyway, Im using the Gevey Ultra here in Spain, and I have calls and texts and GPS, but no data connection. I used the APN settings from my carrier (Orange), but nothing worked. Took it to the Orange store, and they said everything is technically working between the phone and the network. It must be the Gevey. My question is, will there be problems with data with some carriers and not others? I could switch to a pre-paid Vodafone data tariff for example, and if it doesn't work I'd only be out like 10 euros.

Is it possible that some carriers work and others don't?

I'm using and ATT iPhone 4, 4.10.01 baseband, and 4.3.3 jailbroken.

Thanks in advance.

2. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

3. Andrew83Ga thread starter macrumors regular

yes Ive done everything correctly. I've read similar stories where data doesn't work with certain carriers, while others don't have any problems. My question is: Could it be an issue with Orange and their security stuff? Having an iPhone with no data other than WiFi is so annoying. If I can't find a solution, Ill end up getting a Spanish iPhone, but if it's something as simple as my current pre-paid carrier not recognizing the Gevey for data, and Vodafone (or movistar, etc.) won't have those problems, Id prefer to stay on a pre-paid basis.

4. dmunkey macrumors newbie

andrew i've figure out this problem, change your apn settings so the apn name is orangeworld and the username and pass both are orange

This should fix you up right! im using it currently on the dolphin plan