Gevey Ultra Preserve Baseband

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zeko, May 3, 2012.

1. zeko macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm here for some assistance. I purchased a gevey ultra a few weeks ago and it works perfectly.The baseband for my iPhone 4 is 2.10.04. I was wondering has anyone upgraded to ios 5.1 with preserving the baseband and having the gevey sim to work?

Thanks

2. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

u shouldn't upgrade yet...I would suggest wait a couple more weeks as the jailbreak for iOS 5.1 will be out....I have only preserved the baseband once on a few iPhone 4's (not 4S) and they were all updated from 4.3.3 to iOS 5.0.1 when it had the jailbreak out for it and from my experience I can say that when I restored the custom/no baseband containing firmware the iPhone was jailbroken in the process....so I think that before u jump the ship you need to wait for the 5.1 jailbreak as apple is no longer allowing you to restore/install/activate iOS 5.0.1 forcing you to upgrade ur firmware and baseband to 5.1......thats jus my experience and from what I can tell happens during the process but maybe someone else can shed some light.

3. zeko thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply. So I should wait for the untethered jailbreak for ios 5.1 and then preserve my baseband so my gevey sim to work?

4. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Yes, this way u will be 100% safe against any possible errors/mistakes n what not

5. LandonDonovan macrumors regular

I wouldn't even bother upgrading as every person I've tried to explain custom firmwares to just used stock firmwares and destroyed their unlocks. If there's a serious issue, you should upgrade with the custom firmware.

6. zeko thread starter macrumors newbie

But if i make a custom firmware with redsnow or snowbreeze for iOS 5.1 while preserving the BB will the gevey still work?

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yes, if you do it correctly and browse to the correct IPSW with iTunes.

8. zeko thread starter macrumors newbie

I finally took the plunge and went ahead and upgraded to 5.1 while preserving my baseband on 2.10.04. It took me a while to figure out . iTunes was giving me error 1601 and 1602, but I restored the iPhone 4 and preserved the baseband. The gevey works perfectly on 5.1 BB 2.10.04. I downloaded the newest version of FuriousMod from Cydia but
    It doesn't work for me. But , doing the manual method works fine with the 1 bar and Tmobile next to it. Hopefully there will be a version of FuriousMod that works with ios5.1