Gevey Ultra question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aceweil, Jul 16, 2011.

1. aceweil macrumors member

Hey all, was hoping someone might be able to help me with a question i have about the gevey ultra.
    I have an iphone 4 running 4.3.3 on baseband 4.10.01 and am about to move to Africa. I purchased the gevey ultra and am trying to prep my phone the best I go. My question I guess is two part.
    1. Since I don't have access to the sim I will be using until i get to Namibia and purchase a sim there, can I not download furiousmod onto my jailbroken phone until I have the sim in hand?
    2. I was able to download FuriousMOD from cydia.furiousmod.com, but since I dont have access to the sim, will it prevent the effective unlock? I just worry about my access to internet on the phone when I get to Namibia prior to activating the sim in my iphone. Hopefully this makes some sort of sense. I apologize if its unclear.
    Does anyone have any experience with this?
    TIA for any assistance. I really appreciate all the help y'all provide

2. aceweil thread starter macrumors member

Just wanted to add that when I went back into cydia it refreshed and I received this message.....
    Has anyone had this problem with furiousmod?

Attached Files:

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4. Andrew83Ga, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011

Andrew83Ga macrumors regular

dude, I literally just posted this exact same thing.

I haven't moved to spain yet, but have furiousmod installed just to have it all good to go when i get there and buy the prepaid sim

I removed the repo for furiousmod because I had the same errors as you, but the FuriousMod app still remains there. Anyone know if that app (or apps in general) functions without the their source being there in Cydia?

I think having the app on your phone before you get there is ok by the way, and if it's not, I'm in the same boat and I'd just remove it and re-install if I have issues. Good luck in Africa!