Gevey Ultra S compatible with iOS 7.1!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by diepalme, Mar 13, 2014.

1. diepalme macrumors newbie

diepalme

Should anybody be unsure about updating, I just updated my GSM iPhone 4S to iOS 7.1 and had no problems unlocking it with a Gevey Ultra S 2.02. So if you rely on a Gevey interposer for your unlock, go ahead and update!

2. Caesars macrumors regular

Is gevey that chip that sprint folks were using to unlock iPhones ?

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yeah. They were pretty popular about two years ago when unlock software solutions were far and few between.

4. ArcadianBabe macrumors newbie

I'm using a CDMA iPhone 4S running iOS 6.0.1 with a GEVEY Ultra S chip, jailbroken with Cydia. Lately I find I have more and more issues with apps crashing, not wanting to update, and generally my phone being a little sh!7 because it wants me to upgrade.

I would LOVE to move to iOS 7.0.1 and enjoy that "new phone feeling" once again, but I live in terror of the whole thing failing, because it mostly runs on wishes and hope at the moment. I've already replaced the screen myself with a cheap Chinese knockoff after shattering it one drunk night in platform heels, so I'm familiar with the guts of the thing.

Since you've had luck with the GSM version, do you think it would be safe to try it on a CDMA? Also, I've read worrying things about SHSH Blobs being voided after upgrading to iOS 7.0.1? I absolutely cannot afford to brick my phone at this time, but I also can't go on much longer with it behaving like a buggy piece of crap.

EDIT: The reason I need to use a GEVEY chip is because I'm using an American iPhone but I moved to London last year, so I need to be able to use it "abroad" so to speak.

5. Caesars macrumors regular

So tempted to try this so that my sprint iPhone 5 wouldn't be so useless.

6. jsjar macrumors newbie

the Gevey/R-sim style unlocks still work for the iPhone 4s and iPhone 5 on ios 7.1

7. Vijaysharma4u macrumors newbie

Is there any solution for 5s ??

After updating ios 7.1 rsim 9 not working how to solve this problem ???

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced