Gevey ultra s problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by daooof, Jun 14, 2012.

1. daooof macrumors regular

Im American living in Spain for the summer and I got an ultra s from gevey. I tested it on tmobile back home and it worked great. I bought an orange España sim today and only the phone and SMS work. Data "cannot be activated". I tried the unlockit.co.nz and it didn't work.

Not sure what else to do.

Oh and I'm jailbroken on 5.0.1 (too lazy to upgrade)

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

3. daooof thread starter macrumors regular

4. Mrlal8 macrumors member

Its because you have to add a custom APN
    Click General-->Network--> then you should see cellular data network

If your phone is locked you will most probably NOT see that option to click cellular data network (same problem as I had)

What you will need to do is JAILBREAK your phone and then there is these steps I did to make the data work. Just search on the internet how to add custom APN to phone

One of the things i Had to download from cydia was Tetherme...I forgot the rest of the steps

One quick question tho...does your spain phone number show up on iMessage or are you having to use your email address

5. daooof thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, but if you actually read my post you'd know that I've done all of that and I explicitly said my phone was jailbroken.

6. gd6 macrumors member

not sure if this will help...but worth checking out.

I got mms to work on t-mobile using an gevey unlocked 4s using this method WITHOUT jailbreaking.

Click General-->Network-->

Insert your orange sim WITHOUT you gevey card. The Cellular Data Network option will show up. Quickly click it and then EJECT your sim card right away. Now you can adjust you APN settings directly without tetherme or unlockit.co.nz.

If you do not remove your sim card quickly enough an activation prompt will pop up. Just remove your sim card and it should disappear.

7. daooof thread starter macrumors regular

But whats the point if I can get to that anyway?

8. Mrlal8 macrumors member

i clearly stated manually enter your apn

NOT to use unlockit.co.nz
    unlockit.co.nz does not always work
    instead of giving me attitude go on the internet and research...have you actually tried to use tetherme?

9. gd6 macrumors member

If you can get to that anyway, then there is no point, but if you can't see it (like if you had an att iphone 4s), then you could at least confirm if unlockit had set your apn correctly.

Also, you have data roaming enabled, correct? Just thought I'd ask, it always needs to be enabled.

10. daooof thread starter macrumors regular

I wasnt giving you attitude, I even said thanks for the reply. I have entered it manually, yes. I've installed tetherme and everything looks correct. Also I've already spent hours researching this....

The info I found online was APN Internet and user and pass blank or APN Internet with orange and orange.

Neither worked. The MMS settings are still Cingular(AT&T), but that shouldnt effect anything right?

Also iMessage is going to my old number and email. I like it that way too. I won't be here permanently so my old number and email is preferred.

Thanks for the help.

11. daooof thread starter macrumors regular

Still nothing. I've tried all the fixes online I can find

12. jpbray macrumors newbie

daooof I have the same problem as you. I am studying abroad in Barcelona and bought and Orange si for my AT&T iPhone 4s. Calls and SMS work fine but I can't get internet or even iMessage on wifi to work.

13. daooof thread starter macrumors regular

Man.... This is super annoying

14. jpbray macrumors newbie