Gevey Ultra Sim w/ T-mobile Prepaid - Not Working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yemididit, Mar 8, 2012.

1. yemididit macrumors newbie

Hey Folks,
    New to the forum and of course i have a desperate situation:

I have a iphone 4 jailbroken running iOS5 on BB 3.10.01. I have a gevey ultra sim and my service is t-mobile prepaid.

I put the sim in while powered off. Turn it on and out of the gate, the problem is there's no gevey welcome screen message & it says there's NO SIM INSTALLED.

So i decide to go to setting>phone>sim options?>and select the language to prompt the welcome so i can accept but i can't do that because "phone" option is grayed out and its saying NO SIM.

What can i do? Does tmobile prepaid not work with Gevey Sims? Is there something I'm missing?

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

3. yemididit thread starter macrumors newbie

We tested it with another sim and it worked (calls/data/and all) without the furious mod. When i tried mine and after a lot of failed attempts, I installed the furious mod and it didn't work either. i then uninstalled it.

Should i put it back in the mix?

4. yemididit thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so the happy ending to this story for anyone who may be dealing with this now:

Went to the T-mobile store and asked for a pre-cut sim card. Apparently the normal sim cards that they hand out and cut right there weren't working with my Gevey. So i go to the T-Mobile store AGAIN (a different one) and ask for an official micro sim (one that was made that way).

As soon as i put it in & restarted the phone, the gevey software welcome screen came up (already a good sign) and i could start the process properly.

It definitely took me an entire day of trying to finally get the temperamental gevey process to work but i finally got and I'm loving my phone.

Cant wait for an easier software unlock for this but it's working and its all good.

5. dglenn9000 macrumors member

Maybe thats what is wrong with my phone too. I have been battling with he gevey ultra for a month now. It worked for first 6 months straight then I had my screen replaced and when the guy gave me back my phone the gevey was acting up. I though it was something he did but then I got it to work for a week after that but it has not worked since. Maybe it is the sim card I cut myself. I will try the tmobile micro sim. Hope it doesnt cost much.