Gevey Unlock in Italy (Please Help!!)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by j3ts83, Aug 30, 2011.

1. j3ts83 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have been using my iphone 4 on 4.3.3 with the gevey sim in the US with no problem. I am now in Italy studying abroad and i'm using Tim service and i cannot get the iphone to activate. When i first turn on the phone it asks me for my pin, i then put in my pin. Then the normal gevey message comes up, i accept, and then do the normal steps call 112/airplane mode and get Tim service and it says to plug it into itunes to confirm the activation but i never get anything. It just syncs as if i normally plug it in with no confirmation or anything, but when i try to make a call it says i need to activate my phone.
    PLease help, i have already been here for 3 days without a phone, thanks!!

2. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

I'm actually studying abroad now and am going to northern Italy on Thursday and aim to pick up a TIM SIM on Friday. However, I'm using the Gevey Ultra unlock here in Germany now with T-Mo and it's working fine. I'm not sure if it's because of the type of Gevey you have or if it's just TIM, but I hope someone's able to help you out! I'd like to know a solution to this as well if TIM SIMs are having problems with Gevey.