GGC-H20L vista unsupported ?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by huffy15, May 20, 2009.

1. huffy15 macrumors regular

I've just bought a GGC-H20L from OWC with the Mac Pro kit for 119$ and when log me into the Leopard side that work very well but if I want to go on Vista side, vista doesn't detect the drive then I decided to unplug the Pionner stock drive from the bay and the LG drive is undetected another time. If I started Parallels it works well for the drive but not for the other spec when I want to launch a blu-ray movie 'cause that's an emulation.

Then, why bootcamp vista(I tried XP and same problem) don't detect the blu-ray drive ?

config : Mac Pro 2008 2.8 Ghz 2 x Quad, 6gb ram, HD1 : 320GB(LEOPARD), HD2: 250GB(VISTA), HD3:160GB, HD4: 1TB, IDE1:pIONNER DRIVE, SATA top one: GGC-H20L

Thank for your help

Julien

2. nanofrog macrumors G4

Did you install the AHCI drivers under XP?

IIRC, they're necessary for windows to communicate with it.

3. huffy15 thread starter macrumors regular

4. huffy15 thread starter macrumors regular

It seems like very complicated I tried to update the controller but it does work 'cause the drive still not recognize. Anyone find a good tutorial to resolve the AHCI (6 sata) on vista

thank you

Julien

5. Rankrotten macrumors 6502

Rankrotten

I have just succeeded in doing this. Edited instructions are in the first post here:
    http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=126089

6. huffy15 thread starter macrumors regular

yes I already saw this forum but that's complicated for me 'cause I'm not very good in English and then I tried to download those files and it doesn't work even if I log me in. I did the first step to change the register component and I tried previously to update the board firmware and anything else change.

Thank you

Julien

7. Rankrotten macrumors 6502

Rankrotten

In bootcamp Vista, type regedit, Registry Editor will open. Change the value of msachi to 0 ("HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci") and restart into OS X.

Download the ahci.sh script from the insanelymac forum. Open terminal application and type sudo -s and enter your admin password. Drop the script file onto terminal and type Y when prompted. This will autodetect your windows file and replace the master moot record (mbr). Exit terminal when done.

Restart in Vista. Windows will now detect new hardware and install new device drivers. The SATA blu-ray drive will be detected but not yet work. Vista is now in basic AHCI mode.

Restart Vista and download the Intel Matrix Storage drivers which will now install properly. Restart one more time and you are good to go. Vista will now be in Intel® ESB2 SATA AHCI Controller mode
    :)

8. huffy15 thread starter macrumors regular

ah thank you that's very clear now ! but coul you attach the first script file (osx one) in this forum 'cause when I want to download it they told me : "Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."

Thank you so much

Julien

9. Rankrotten macrumors 6502

Rankrotten

Just register at their forums and you will get the file. It's their work after all.
    http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00

If you can't log in I'll send it as a PM

10. huffy15 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes , I still have the same problem even if I log me in ! Could you send me this or those importants files!

Thank you

Julien

11. huffy15 thread starter macrumors regular

hi, thank you for your help I did exactly what you did, the matrix update
    is ok , regedit too as the terminal part but anything can work??

Julien

12. huffy15 thread starter macrumors regular

I think that's gonna work I missed to change the disk bay on the mac terminal update soon ...

13. huffy15 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much everything is AWESOME but I don't know why the menu doesnt appear when the trailers finish. I can heard the sound but I can't see anything That's on PowerDvd. Did anyone knows another software who might be free and can read blu-ray commercial disc.

Thank You

Julien