Ghost Armor seems to help reception issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Preds, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Preds macrumors member

Much like the bumper cases are supposedly helping the reception issue, I can report that the Ghost Armor I installed on my phone last night seems to have significantly helped my reception issue.

You obviously need to get the full body Ghost Armor so that you have the side coverage.

It's basically the same as using tape over the black bars, or the bumpers, but not nearly as FUGLY.

Anyone else have success with Ghost Armor or any of the other similar products (Zagg, etc.).

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Creates a buffer between hand and antenna limiting interference. I'm planning on doing a before and after video once my skins arrive.

I have IS on front and back and have BSE and Phantom Skinz on the way for total coverage. This is a user work around and a good one at that.

3. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Does it prevent it from happening totally? I've been trying to look for skins that would help as I'd rather keep my phone naked then using a case. I had some extra strips from a previous Phantom Skinz installation that were wide as the steel band and applied them at the break. It doesn't seem to help when I press hard since it looks like I can still bridge the 2 bands on the sides of the break which are not covered by the skin. Thoughts?