Ghost Armor?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by budfoot, Jul 16, 2010.

1. budfoot macrumors regular

budfoot

Does the ghost armor full body cover alleviate the reception (non)issues?

There is a shop in a nearby mall (Burlington, MA) that does it professional for like 30 bucks. It's better than a bumper if you ask me...

Anyone who has applied the full body ghost armor and have it resolve the issue?

2. sharonib macrumors newbie

I have been told that it will help with the antenna issue. I just had it installed yesterday so I can't comment on it myself as of yet.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My wife added it to her iPhone 4, and it seems to be a good screen protector. does it help the antenna issue, well she never really had a problem with that, so I can't say for sure.

4. CarsonJones macrumors member

I had mine installed and for some reason it didn't help much the first day, but ever since i haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

5. Grimes macrumors regular

Budfoot, got my Ghost Armor at that Burlington mall location. The staff is friendly and very up front with what it covers. Based on my experiences with GA, it did help the antenna issue a little, but to be honest, I wasn't getting much of a problem with it to begin with. I did drop one call prior to getting the GA applied, but haven't since... That could be dumb luck, or it could be that the armor is helping.

The good thing about GA is the warranty. I had a scratch on the front panel of the armor, took it back in and had them replace it... no questions asked.

6. Joe 3 macrumors newbie

Ghost Armor?????????? Don't use it!

In Feb of 2010 I had Ghost Armor applied to my 2G (1st generation) iphone for a total cost of $37.21. At the time I was repeatedly told by the sales people that, if I bought a new iphone 4, I could have this transferred to a new iphone 4 for $10. This was made perfectly clear or I would not have made the purchase because I intended to buy the new iphone 4 as soon as it was available.

I bought a new iphone 4 last week and returned to have the Ghost armor installed on the new iphone 4 for $10. They told me that since this was a new model with a new shape I would have to pay $30 plus tax. The full price was $35 but they would give me the $5 discount because I was a repeat customer. I explained that I had been told that this would only cost me $10. They claimed this was a misunderstanding on my part.

It was not. They changed their policy.

I had the Ghost Armor installed on my 2G iphone for 4-5 months. I keep it in my pocket. Several of the pieces came loose so I either pulled off the entire piece or trimmed it with scissors. Some of the material that is loose became discolored. There are numerous dents in the Ghost Armor all over the iphone.

I do not recommend Ghost Armor!

7. guymcfriendly macrumors newbie

Why would you blame ghost armor for not being able to install your 2g protection film on an iphone 4? What you wanted was a free new case, but you yourself said that he would only transfer your existing film for $10.

Why didn't you question him when he said he could move your film (for an already out-of-date phone) to a phone that that no one knew the shape and size of yet? Do you think companies are in the business of giving away free product as well as discount labor?

Maybe the salesperson should have informed you that if the new phone changed shape your existing film might not fit anymore and have to be replaced, but isn't that apparent, if not obvious? Also they gave you a loyalty discount too. I haven't heard of this before, so count yourself lucky!

The phone changed and you lost, don't blame the product.

8. ap3604 macrumors 68000

The real question is: Why would you revive a 10 month old zombie thread just to disagree with someone? :confused::p:rolleyes: