Ghost calls from my phone.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NanoNyrd, May 8, 2012.

1. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

My phone occationally calls the last number called when in my pocket. I find it strange that it can do that with the screen locked. And today, while I was fumbling in the Music app it spontaneously called my wife ?!? I thought she was calling me, but she didn't and I can see in the log that I originated the call

Is there any combination of pressing buttons that will cause a redial even when not in the Phone app? Has anybody else had this kind of problems?

It seems that the problem may have begun when I installed Spire, but I am not sure. I cannot reproduce it on purpose.

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I've never experienced this problem. Which iPhone and iOS version are you running?

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

Butt dialing in a iPhone unlikely. Do to it's design jb or not.

4. NanoNyrd thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, it is also my impression that butt dialling should be impossible, and I find it weird that it happens repeatedly for me. I suspect some kind of shortcut or Siri side effect, but I cannot guess what it should be.

I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 with nothing particularly suspicious installed. The most invasive being Springtomize 2, Spire, Winterboard and iPhoneDelivery.

I never had this problem before upgrading to 5.0.1 and installing Spire. Before that, I ran iOS 5.0 (tethered jailbreak) and it never happened.

Thanks for your input!

5. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Have you checked activator to make sure there no setting in there that could cause this.

I'm not currently jailbroken so not sure if there is a setting but could be worth a look

6. NanoNyrd thread starter macrumors regular

I couldn't find anything in Activator. I never used Activator except with SBSettings, and the last incident occurred after I uninstalled both of them.

I have tried pushing buttons as a crazy. A part from activating Siri, nothing really happened. It only happens when I am not expecting it. :confused:

7. mphilip macrumors member

mphilip

Interesting :) Maybe it's Possessed ... (Joking)