Ghost in the Shell?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RevolvingSheep, Mar 19, 2012.

1. RevolvingSheep macrumors regular

My wife was driving and my iPad was in my messenger bag in my lap. We are pulling up to our destination and suddenly I start hearing Radiohead playing faintly. We all stop and look around. I pick up my phone and it's silent. I realize that the music is playing from my iPad. I open up my bag and pull out my iPad and it's very warm, the brightness is all the way down, and music is playing. I turned the brightness back up and went to turn the music off but it kept resuming automatically a few times until it finally quit for good.

It seemed as though my iPad has never went to sleep and was running somehow even with the smart cover on... but I noticed the battery was not affected.

Odd.

2. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

Which Radiohead song was playing? That sounds like it would be pretty crucial to whatever the iPad was trying to tell you.

Did you steal the iPad, possibly killing or severely injuring someone in the process? Was Karma Police playing?

Did you just come from bragging about your new iPad to a homeless orphan beggar child? Was Creep playing?

This is important.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

^ All valid points to consider. Please update thread with responses :p

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I agree. To fully assess the situation we will need to know what radiohead song was playing. National anthem? Idioteque?

5. Built macrumors 68020

My Apple Bluetooth keyboard (if left on inadvertently in my bag) will turn on my iPad...Very annoying...

6. RevolvingSheep thread starter macrumors regular

"I got a message I can't read. You're living in a fantasy world."

In Limbo

I think I'm going crazy.

----------

It must have been the keyboard... mine is in the bag as well. So if I don't turn it off manually, it will still control the iPad even when asleep with the smart cover?

7. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

If this does keep happening though, it would be reasonable to exchange it at the Apple Store.

When they ask you what the problem is, you can tell them that you smothered a cat with a pillow last month "just to see what would happen" and now your new iPad has gone all Edgar Allan Poe on you. They should be more than happy to help.

8. RevolvingSheep thread starter macrumors regular

I'll definitely use that exact excuse. I'll make sure to add that Thom York was telling me that I'm living in a fantasy world.