Ghost Keyboard keys appearing on springboard

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by robinp, Jun 10, 2019.

1. robinp macrumors 6502

I’ve been having this issue for a few months. Initially I couldn’t figure out what was going on but have observed it now for a while, I can confidently say that often when I unlock my iPhone X with FaceID, immediately after I get fantom keyboard keys appearing on the screen.

What happens is, I unlock and then tap on an app icon to open it. Instead of opening the app, I get, for a momentary flash, a keyboard key displayed on screen. It is too quick to see exactly, but I assume it is the key corresponding with that position IF the keyboard was being shown.

It only happens for a second or so after unlocking and even then, not every time, which makes it really hard to capture it. I therefore don’t have any screenshots to illustrate.

Has anyone else experienced this? I’m mildly concerned it is some kind of malware / key logger.

2. SidBoggle macrumors regular

I think this is a bug in ios 12. I experience this quite often. Annoying but I have learnt to ignore it.

3. robinp thread starter macrumors 6502

It’s a bit of a relief that at least I’m not alone! I wonder if it happens in the ios13 beta.

4. SidBoggle macrumors regular

I only have the beta on an ipad and have not noticed a problem but I have never really experienced this issue on the ipad anyway so I guess that does not prove much :)

5. kobby2k6 macrumors newbie

kobby2k6

I have the issue too and it even occurs on the latest 12.3.1 update. I have an iPhone Xs

6. andyw715 macrumors 65816

I've only noticed this with my IPP, with the keyboard folio.
    But mine just shows the top row, like the cut/copy icons, and toggle keyboard button. It's as if it loses connection with the smart keyboard, but gains it back quickly