Ghost mark on macbook pro screen...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheHoffman, Feb 28, 2010.

1. TheHoffman macrumors member

TheHoffman

Hi guys,
    For sometime now i have got this ghost mark on my macbook pro's screen. I did book an appointment at apple and showed someone at the genus bar but at the time he said it was just due to the keyboard pressing against the screen and if i cleaned it well it would go away. In saying this i had to buy this cleaning kit which he said would do the job. At the time in the apple store it did seem to fade but i now feel that was just due to the stores lighting.
    I still have the mark months later and its still as obvious as it was before. I was wondering if you guys have any advise on how to get rid. I only see it when its dark and there is black on the screen and though it doesnt bother me that much in a few weeks im selling this and would prefer to have the problem fixed. i did do some research and didnt find much, only thing i did find was about replacing the screen and i cannot do that due to time and money and am sure there is a easier way.
    i have attached a photo trying to show the ghost mark (in the black box) but because i took it on my iphone it doesnt show well.
    please help!
    thanks alot :)

Attached Files:

2. maximus06 macrumors regular

I have the exact same issue with my 13" uMB. Tried cleaning with everything, to no avail. I'm thinking its fluid UNDER the glass screen.

3. polotska macrumors 6502

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it also strikes me as a film/buildup between the glass panel and the LCD itself.

4. PacMookBro macrumors regular

Wow. How striking! I actually see the ghost. Probably a man who had lost his life when using a Mac. It's... to the left of the picture!!! :eek: And you are from England!

5. TheHoffman thread starter macrumors member

TheHoffman

is there no way to clear it then?

And yeah very good, was watching bbc iplayer at the time haha sorry thats why there is a ladys face there. How could you tell im from england?

6. iAlfie macrumors newbie

thats exactly how i found my mark, does anyone know what this yet

7. Repo macrumors 6502a

Repo

Your location says "Norwich, England". :)

8. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Mine has this! It's not on the exterior of the screen, and since it's right in the middle, I think it might be from pressure on the screen from outside on the lid.