Ghost Movie on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zongonet, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Zongonet macrumors newbie

Hi there!
    this is my trouble:
    I was happily playing my bass guitar on my band session. And after few songs I said "ok, let's try to record a video of our bad performances!". And I put my iPhone 4 on a stool and started to record a movie.
    After 40 (!!) minutes I reminded myself I was recording a movie and I told to the singer to switch off the video recorder. But my singer does not have an iPhone (bad guy... we're trying to change him... I'm joking:D) and instead of press the red button to switch off the recorder app, he pressed the "nav" button (the squared one) to come back to main menu. FATALITY! :eek:
    The situation is this: on my iPhone there is no trace of the movie I made but the space is almost full! On iTunes I can see there are almost 3.5 GB of "other" space... and I'm sure it's my movie. But... how can I pick it up back?:confused:

Thanks in advance!

ZOng

2. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Try using iExplorer (or if you're jailbroken you can SSH in) to navigate to Media/DCIM/101Apple and see if it's there. It's possible that there's a partially completed .mov file in there that didn't register to the camera roll or something.

3. Zongonet thread starter macrumors newbie

Very well! Thanks DirtySocks85, I've been able to locate the 2.9 GB movie file in my iPhone, copy it on my macbook desktop and try to execute it with some player. Right now, the file seems to be useless... and now I have to find some "movie-corrector" or something like this. But this is another story.

Thanks!

(SOLVED)