iPhone Ghost notifications on lock screen

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by thewebb, Apr 22, 2015.

1. thewebb macrumors regular

thewebb

I have an iPhone 6+ 64gb running iOS 8.3 and lately I've been receiving invisible notifications on my lock screen. My phone will be sitting next to me with the screen off when all of the sudden the screen turns on but there are no new notification. The screen automatically turns off after about 10 seconds like normal. I notice this happens a couple times a day but it probably happens when it is in my pocket as well. I've looked everywhere but don't see any new notifications or anything that could be the source. Any ideas of what could be causing this???

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Could these be calendar alerts for some events you have?

3. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Is it possible the notifications are appearing but only for a very short time (fractions of a second)?

I had that problem, as described here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1861325

However if you really can't find any app that has something new inside it then it's probably not that. Not sure what that could be then.

(FYI the above only happens sometimes for me. I opened Telegram the other day to find a few messages from a few days ago that I had not seen any notification of, but when I asked a friend to send another test, the notification appeared and didn't disappear!)

4. thewebb thread starter macrumors regular

thewebb

Thanks, I think it might be that but the notifications must be disappering instantly because I don't see them. Also, I don't know which notifications they are that I'm missing. It must be some obscure app I don't check often.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, could these be calendar event reminders perhaps?

6. thewebb thread starter macrumors regular

thewebb

Sorry, I don't think so because I don't have any calendar events scheduled when it happens.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

I see. I know some people have reported calendar alerts disappearing almost instantly like that in some recent iOS updates. I guess it must be another notification then most likely.