Ghost of the previous owner

Neiloid

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Hants, UK
Hi

I Picked up a second hand 2011 2.3 mini and though the previous user took their files when I went to sync my iPad with iTunes I was told there was another user associated with the account.....

Would a clean instal of Mountain Lion, replacing the current Lion, cure this?

There seems to be a number of reminders of the previous owner which I am keep to remove.

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hi

I Picked up a second hand 2011 2.3 mini and though the previous user took their files when I went to sync my iPad with iTunes I was told there was another user associated with the account.....

Would a clean instal of Mountain Lion, replacing the current Lion, cure this?

There seems to be a number of reminders of the previous owner which I am keep to remove.
Yes it certainly would as long as you do a true clean install by formating Macintosh HD before the install. Just be aware you will lose any apps you have in there.

Comment

Neiloid

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Hants, UK
Excellent.

Thanks for your reply Weaselboy.

The only apps I want are the ones that it comes with - I want an "as new" experience and then add apps I want or need. I've not added music or photos that I've not got on my iPad or iPhone so there's no data to save.

I've got my 8 gig of Crucial ram on the way and a 16 gig memory stick for the clean instal. Hopefully by this time next week all be good.

Thanks again for your help.

Neil.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.