Ghost touching iphone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by costyy23, May 14, 2017.

1. costyy23 macrumors newbie

Hello, today i bought a second hand iphone 5s , and when i got home i realized it does something like ghost touching, like from time to time it swipes left rightn up down, it's random, and it is fixed by a lock and unlock. Any help? I read about something with the digitizer band touching metal but i didn't try anything, the guy said he changed the screen but from there nothing has been said..

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Any liquid damage maybe?
    That's what it sounds to me.

3. costyy23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, the water sensor is white, so i guess no..Trying to reseat the cables might help?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Figured I'd ask --- any chinese noname brand charging cables? I've seen this happen with those cables before.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It could just be a bad screen or damage done in the installation of the screen.

7. macduke Suspended

macduke

Explain to the ghost that this is your phone and that it's dead and needs to move on. Help guide it towards the light. If you're unable to do this, I recommend contacting some experts: http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com

8. costyy23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Great, i wanted to unscrew the pentalobe screw near charger port, but it keeps on spinning...any tips?

9. Dougbert macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, May 17, 2017 ---
    I've had the same problem across multiple iPhones. It seems to happen mostly when my phone is plugged into my generic charger cable at work. And can get lots worse if I have my headphones plugged in at the same time. I did recently change out my little 5w charging cube for a 12w charging cube and I haven't noticed it being the problem that it was.