ghost typing in search bar for firefox and safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lenaramore, Oct 20, 2008.

1. lenaramore macrumors newbie

Hi there. Today I've experienced a new one - -random ghost typing in the search bar for both safari and firefox. While I am parked on a page, or starting to enter an address, the zeroes (or letter O's? hard to tell) just start flying across the screen and I get lots of little "blump, blump, blump" noises from the mac when it reaches the end of the space provided.

I can interrupt the flow of zeroes by hitting the delete bar and backing up to the start of the line and overtyping.

Happens in Safari or Firefox. I've rebooted, cleared the internet cache, searched for any extensions in Firefox, checked my security settings. It happens intermittently still.

Any ideas? Thanks!

L.

2. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Hire an exorcist, maybe? :rolleyes:
    Actually I have no idea, but do hope you get some useful advice from someone here. Good luck!
    Morod

3. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

Check to make sure you didn't accidently have something pressing those keys.

I'm thinking of it's a full size keyboard, with a numeric pad, something might be pressing the 0. I remember a few years ago at work, we got a new printer and I kept sliding the keyboard over to make it easier to type on. Every time I'd do that, the Enter key would hit one of the side pieces. It took me a few times to figure out what was going on.