Ghosting on Cinema Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ppc_michael, Jun 28, 2008.

1. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

I have a 23" Cinema Display. Lately I've been noticing "ghosting," or whatever the equivalent of burn-in from CRT is. It started about a month ago when I noticed I could faintly see my desktop icons when viewing dark colors. Now, even when I am on a webpage for a while then go to another webpage with dark colors, I can see the outlines from the previous page.

Anyone else having these problems? My display is about a year and a half old.

2. skyline r34 macrumors 6502

skyline r34

Hope you got Apple Care

3. Maddler macrumors member

I have the same; 2 23" ACD's nearing 3 years of age and ghosting badly. It takes a couple of hours from boot till I see it, and by the end of the day it only takes 5 seconds for burn-in to appear, which lasts up to a minute. I got Apple Care, so I'm checking to see if I passed the 3 year mark or not.
    :mad:

4. ppc_michael thread starter Guest

ppc_michael

Let me know how that turns out for you! After a bunch of Googling I found others with the issue, and they said the pixels retain a temporary charge so that's what's causing the "burn in." They say to unplug the monitor and let it rest a few days. But I think that's pretty unreasonable, especially considering that our monitors aren't, you know, twenty years old or something.

I have Apple Care with my MacBook Pro (what I use the cinema display with), does that count or do I need Apple Care on the monitor itself?