Ghosting!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DirectorZak, Dec 20, 2012.

1. DirectorZak macrumors newbie

DirectorZak

I was just curious if the 15" rMBP was still having ghosting issues! I am considering buying one and I just need to make sure! Thanks!

2. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

Any device can come with problems / defects, that's what warranty is for. The ghosting is not gone, but since only a small % of people experience it ( not to mention that most of them were actually looking for it and were trying to force it ), it really shouldn't be a show-stopper. If you do get a faulty device, just take it to a store and they'll change / fix it.

3. iPersian macrumors regular

almost all LGs have ghosting issues. samsung does not.

4. ForceGhost macrumors regular

ForceGhost

This is not true. MORE LG's have ghosting issues than Samsung's but they both have a chance of getting the issue. Some LG's are perfect! Some Samsung's have defects. Vice versa.

But for the most part, you should be fine, if not then you can return it under warranty.

5. DirectorZak thread starter macrumors newbie

DirectorZak

I also heard the contrast was different in the screens as well, is that true?

6. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

From what I've read LG has issues samsung does not because they use different technologies. I have LG and I have ghosting.

7. nrweaver macrumors member

I have LG and didn't have any Ghosting until about 3 weeks ago got it back in beginning of August. Ghosting keeps getting worse, not sure what to do now.

8. Spetsnazos macrumors regular

FUD. Samsung's are not prone to any ghosting issues, the technology is completely different LPS vs IPS. Please stop spreading bad information.

The only issues associated with samsung is color and stuck pixels. They are rare though compared to almost every single LG producing IR either immediately or after 3 months.

9. ForceGhost macrumors regular

ForceGhost

PLS or S-PLS is just Samsung's name for an IPS display. It has a FEW benefits over an IPS display but no different in IR.

It's like Flash Storage and an SSD. They are the same things just with different names.

10. Spetsnazos macrumors regular

factually false. Show me proof of Samsung's with IR and I'll believe it.

Even Apple's solution to IR is replacement with a Samsung display.

Stop spreading FUD.

11. noiseordinance macrumors regular

I've had four rMBPs. The first three, I was fortunate enough to get Samsung screens. No IR whatsoever. The fourth unit had an LG display with IR right out of the box.

12. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

All LCD's have 'ghosting'. Premature IR is the issue at hand. Even a 120Hz TN 1ms LCD has 'ghosting'. Let's try to keep the terms correct.