Ghosts?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ghall, Sep 29, 2007.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I just talked to my friend, and since I just moved he just said "I hope you're house isn't haunted". I don't believe in ghosts at all (my rule is, if it's at Hogwarts it's not real), but where does this idea of ghosts come from? And why do people believe in them?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Tricks of light or something similar: I once saw what I thought was my brother head into the kitchen (quickly) but when I rounded the corner there was nobody there. If you define a ghost as the effect of seeing something like that, then yes I saw a ghost. If you define it as a spirit or something, then no, probably not.

3. -::ubermann::- macrumors regular

a few psychosis is normal in everyone during their life, you can "hear" or "see" something that is not real and I think that make some people believe that they saw a ghost, some claim they see them often but I think thats schizophrenia :eek:

4. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Well, if my house does have a ghost, it's a very helpful one. I had one of those giant roll-up green screens (for video and photography) and I go up to the bathroom door, and just as I was thinking "I need to get this door open so I can make this corner", the door opened up. :eek:
    I kid you not, this really happened, though I did bump the door with the green screen like 10 seconds before so that might have done something. But still, creepy.

5. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

I think there are some people that would like to think ghosts exist, I personally don't believe but i know a few people that think they have had an experience :eek: but i'm not entirely sure mind altering substances :p didn't play a hand in it, but on a serious note, articles like this one leave the mind open........ :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amityville_horror

:eek:

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau