Giant iPad Icon

Discussion in 'iPad' started by heyadol, Mar 10, 2012.

1. heyadol macrumors member

So after upgrading to iOS 5.1 I have one app (OC Register "The Peel") that has a huge icon! Originally it was square (no rounded corners) and so big that it almost touched the icon below it. I updated the app version and now its a rectangle (no rounded corners) and so big that it almost touches the icon below it. Anybody else have an issue like this? It doesn't happen on my sister's iPad with the same app, so I'm just confused.

I did some searching and the only "correction" to large icons is to turn off screen magnification, it is off. It is just the one app/icon, not the whole screen. Everything else is normal. Pictures attached, un-retouched png screen caps from my iPad.

I sent a bug report to Apple, no response. I guess I'll post it on their forum.

Attached Files:

2. MikeFromTexas macrumors member

Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling?

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Would those be magazines? They look like they belong in Newsstand.

4. iDvisic macrumors member

Did you power recycle your device?

-->iDv.

5. maclook macrumors 65816

Screw trying to fix it. See what else you can do.

Can you wiggle and move it (umm....talking about icons here)? Add it to a folder or something.

I remember when I got the iPad 2, there was a bug where my icons wouldn't auto-align so I could move all my apps onto one page and it would be a jumbled mess of icons on the screen but they were still clickable. Eventually, it fixed itself and killed my fun.

6. heyadol thread starter macrumors member

Fixed

Well that was weird!

I was able to "wiggle and move it."
    I did a power cycle, didn't change the icon.
    I was about to delete it and reinstall but I thought I'd try something first.
    It is a magazine but I couldn't add it to Newsstand, so I moved it to a folder and the folder swallowed it up! I did a search and it found the app, upon launch it reset my iPad to the lock screen at full brightness. Now the icon is in Newsstand...guess that's where it belonged.

Anyway, thanks for the advice everyone!

7. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Leave it to the OC Register to screw something up.