iPad Giant screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mowpar, Feb 21, 2015.

1. mowpar macrumors newbie

I have an I pad mini, that for the second time in two years, has presented with the weirdest anomaly I have seen or heard of.
    I push the home button to activate screen, what shows up is a blurry screen.
    As I try to scroll screen around to see if there is anything there but blur, I discovered that the screen is gigantasized. Scrolling on this screen, is almost impossible. I have to swipe and swipe screen to get it to move to the needed area, and when the area does show it floats on by and disappears.
    WHen I finally get to the area where it says swipe to turn on, in the middle of the screen, then try to swipe to activate to get to the enter passcode, it is very daunting. I have to try to center to swipe then try and try to get it to swipe big enough to open.

When I finally get this swipe to work, I am presented with another blurry screen. This screen is where I am asked to press numbers to enter code.
    This screen too, is hard to navigate. When I try to swipe up it will work, but when stylus leaves off the screen it rebounds back to prior position.
    I have to swipe then leave that finger pressed to screen, and with other finger swipe again. After all this fighting I am able to enter key nos. the screen then is normalized.
    This is what happened the first time, this time when screen went to normal, like before, it did not stay normal. Instead it went to normal then shifted to a screen that I would say is maybe 15% bigger than it should be.

This screen wiil work on some pages that will swipe from left to right, but on fixed pages I am unable to access the edge of the screen left or right.

I have tried cold resets or whatever it is called. Turned off switched on all the ways I could nothing works.
    I hope someone else has had this happen and knows the fix. When the screen goes big like this, it is not easy the way I have found to get it back to normal.

I have not at any time done anything to cause this to happen. Nothing Out of the ordinary.

2. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

3. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom > Off

That work?

4. mowpar thread starter macrumors newbie

Zoom

I have not altered settings here under Zoom. In fact this the first I have seen it. Zoom was designated as on. Why would any setting in an area of settings cause my screen to blow up like this. Like I said only twice in two years. Just out of the blue. I turned zoom off at this location. Can anyone tell me what the preferred setting are in this section.

Thank you for your help in this. Turning zoom off fixed the problem.