GIF Creator

Platform

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
What is the best GIF creator for mac ?
Have seen a few but they all give you the trial version and add's a line of txt to the top/or wont let you save it :mad:

Any suggestions :confused:

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Platform said:
What is the best GIF creator for mac ?
Have seen a few but they all give you the trial version and add's a line of txt to the top/or wont let you save it :mad:

Any suggestions :confused:
Photoshop.

Comment

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
I sorta got the impression he was asking for something a tad less expensive than that.... :rolleyes:

Found this at VersionTracker. I've never tried it, but the reviews look good. It's designed for gif animations, but you should be able to do one-frame animations, I think, if all you want is a still-image gif.

Also, I think GraphicConverter has a free trial period without any "watermarks".

Comment

Platform

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
Thomas Veil said:
I sorta got the impression he was asking for something a tad less expensive than that.... :rolleyes:

Found this at VersionTracker. I've never tried it, but the reviews look good. It's designed for gif animations, but you should be able to do one-frame animations, I think, if all you want is a still-image gif.

Also, I think GraphicConverter has a free trial period without any "watermarks".
Thanks a lot for that
And you were right tought of something a bit less expensive then PS but I have used PS on a PC and it wont do animated GIF's for me either :confused:

Comment

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Platform said:
Thanks a lot for that
And you were right tought of something a bit less expensive then PS but I have used PS on a PC and it wont do animated GIF's for me either :confused:
Adobe ImageReady which comes with PhotoShop does animated GIFs.

As for the less expensive sude, Photoshope Elements 3 would create GIFs, but I don't know if it does animated ones.

And for free, you could see if gimp does animated GIFs.

Comment

Platform

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
Bear said:
Adobe ImageReady which comes with PhotoShop does animated GIFs.

As for the less expensive sude, Photoshope Elements 3 would create GIFs, but I don't know if it does animated ones.

And for free, you could see if gimp does animated GIFs.
Thanks

Yes Image Ready does GIF's
GIMP can handle animated GIF but not sure if it can create any :confused:

Comment

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I use GraphicConverter for making (static) GIFs, since some image sites I use require this format. If at all possible, I'd rather use JPEG, PNG, or MNG (animated PNG; not widely supported yet).

Comment

Platform

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
wrldwzrd89 said:
I use GraphicConverter for making (static) GIFs, since some image sites I use require this format. If at all possible, I'd rather use JPEG, PNG, or MNG (animated PNG; not widely supported yet).
Thanks

Also I think that it come's with the PM :rolleyes:

Comment

Cybernanga

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2004
Essex, United Kingdom
Try GIFBuilder, it's free and does prettey much anything you could think of doing to a GIF, and it has the best optimization that I've found. I've never been able to make GIF's smaller that the ones from GIFBuilder, and keep the same levels of quality.

Comment

Platform

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
Cybernanga said:
Try GIFBuilder, it's free and does prettey much anything you could think of doing to a GIF, and it has the best optimization that I've found. I've never been able to make GIF's smaller that the ones from GIFBuilder, and keep the same levels of quality.
Thank you but can you post a link please :confused:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.