Gift Card Question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gjm87, Apr 23, 2015.

1. gjm87 macrumors member

So I have my SS watch coming tomorrow and I also have a space gray sport with some gift cards applied. Do you think Apple will let me transfer those gift cards to my SS watch if I plan on canceling the Space Gray. Anyone have any experience with this.

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I originally purchased a 42mm Sport model with a $350 gift card, with the remainder going on a credit card. After having a try-on the next day, I cancelled my original order. The full $350 was instantly credited back to the gift card. I then placed a new order for a stainless steel model.

3. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking it might be too late since the SS (coming tomorrow) has already been charged to the credit card. Apple would have to accept a return, refund the card you used, then apply the gift cards to a new purchase of the SS.

It's really not a gift card question at all. You can cancel the pre order and they won't be charged. The question is whether they will let you change the payment after you've received your watch. I'm 99% sure you missed the deadline for that by about a week...

4. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I'm pretty sure they could do that over the phone.