Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nashmills

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Last week I bought an iTunes Gift Card from a shop. During the transaction the shop's till "went down" however I was assured it had gone through OK,

When I came to use the card a few days later the iTunes software informed me that the number hadn't been activated and I should return it to the point of purchase. I went back to the shop and they told me they couldn't refund iTunes purchases and I had to refer it to them. After some arguing they telephoned Coinstar who are apparently the UK distributors of iTunes gift cards and they confirmed the number had been activated and I had to seek redress from iTunes directly.

I emailed iTunes and they asked me to scan the card and my receipt and send them to them. I did as asked and they confirmed receipt of the scans. That was 3 days ago. I have emailed them twice since to ask what was happening, without reply.

Is there anything else I can do to get the amount credited to my account or a refund?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.