Gift cards with ADC Purchase program?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by makowb, Oct 15, 2008.

1. makowb macrumors member

Hi, I have a fairly large sum (almost a macbook pro) of money on a couple of gift cards that I would like to apply to a purchase using the ADC Hardware Purchase program with the Apple Developer Connection, however it won't let me. There is no place that I can find for entering in gift cards or even a second credit card for that matter. Does anyone know anything? I was on the phone with customer service reps for the past like hour and they said they can't help until the ADC people come in so they can talk to them.

I already found this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=330105

But when I suggested it they still said they weren't sure. I'm done calling them for tonight, but does anyone have any insight into this situation?

2. dmazza90 macrumors newbie

I just ran into the same exact problem, and I have 4 gift cards worth almost as much of the MBP I am buying. I am an Apple Student Developer (verified already). I called a generic sales rep who said pretty clearly that certain online stores only allow certain payment methods, and he supposed that ADC doesn't accept gift cards. Although he does think that I should be able to return the gift cards if I can't use them.
    So this is still up in the air, I am going to call customer service tomorrow and see what we can do. Tell me if you make any progress, and I'll be sure to do the same.

Just out of unrelated curiosity, which MBP are you buying if you don't mind me asking?

3. dmazza90 macrumors newbie

The previous thread was correct. If you call this number specifically: 877-412-1658
    They will tell you to place the order with your credit card, at which point they take your order number and apply your gift cards. My new Macbook Pro is finally on the way!