Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gloss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 9, 2006
around/about
Can anyone confirm issues sending gift apps from the iTunes Store? I've gifted several apps to the inlaws for their new iPad, but they've yet to receive a single email at their Verizon.net address. I tried re-sending to a gmail account and still nothing. Could this be an Apple problem?

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
For the first time I tried gifting an app last month to my niece. I jumped into this not knowing how she would be notified. I assumed via iTunes but then it asked me for her email address. She never got a notification and the email address submitted was correct.

I contacted Apple and got a reply on what to do. I cannot recall the specifics but it seemed like a lot to have to do on both ends and she would probably have a hard time doing it so I just said to heck with it and ate the buck I spent on the gift.

Mike

gloss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 9, 2006
around/about
For the first time I tried gifting an app last month to my niece. I jumped into this not knowing how she would be notified. I assumed via iTunes but then it asked me for her email address. She never got a notification and the email address submitted was correct.

I contacted Apple and got a reply on what to do. I cannot recall the specifics but it seemed like a lot to have to do so I just said to heck with it and ate the buck I spent on the gift.

Mike

Well, that's unfortunate. I've been able to gift apps in the past, so this must be a recent thing.

Worst case scenario, I eat the $15. Still, there's no excuse for this not to work right.

iqwertyi

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
So, there was no resolution to this?

I just gifted an app to my mom. First time trying to gift an app.
It looks like I completed the form completely, where it even asked if I wanted to gift the app again to another person.

I waited for an email, nothing. And my mother hasn't received anything either.
Just shot them an email to see what's up.
It's only been about 2 hours. But I figured gifted apps would be instant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.