Gifting Apps on the Mac App Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Exotic-Car Man, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Exotic-Car Man macrumors regular

Exotic-Car Man

It appears as though one cannot gift apps from the Mac App Store, as can be done for content on iTunes. This being MacRumors, has there been any speculation of adding the feature to gift apps on the Mac App Store?

Also, if there is currently a way to gift an app, please let me know (and yes, I am aware of the obvious giving someone an iTunes gift card).

Thanks.

2. bootspur, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

bootspur macrumors newbie

I Gift a lot of music, is there a list feature?

In order to avoid giving the same song OR album to someone can anybody tell me if there is a method to attain a list of songs that I have "Gifted?"
    Almost forgot, gifted girlfriend a 17" macbookpro..

3. bootspur macrumors newbie

Gifting an APP??? It's easy..

The same way you gift a song to someone... Click-->App of your choosing, then directly beneath the logo of the application you have clicked open there it will read FREE APP, or indicate the price. For Example, 0.99¢.. Adjacent to "Free App, or The Price listed is a little down arrow, open the drop down box with that arrow there inside are a list of items AND the very top one should be "Gift this App." Select it, then follow directions, almost as tough as cooking toast. Enjoy.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Sorry, no. This thread is about the Mac App Store, which does not have this option.

jW

5. EasyE127 macrumors newbie

Agreed. I'm trying to gift Facetime to a friend. Doesn't appear possible