Gifting in itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bhigh8, Jan 31, 2014.

1. bhigh8 macrumors 6502

Why can I not gift an app on itunes. It says I need to have a card on file yet I have $30 remaining on itunes acct. so I need to email apple since they don't do crap for itunes real time. And wait 48 hrs for them to reply. This company has really been dropping the ball lately. Last week itunes was messed up for me so again I had to email. That is unacceptable these days. How hard is a real time answer? I can understand at odd hrs.

Just frustrated and venting. Anyone know why I can't gift app?

Thanks

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

3. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for this info. Does anyone know if I just need to add one and the money will be charged to he card or can I still use the money on the iTunes acct?

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

It's just like any store. You can't use a gift card to buy a gift card. (sounds about right). Kinda like going to Best Buy with a Best Buy gift card to buy a Best Buy gift card. lol

If you aren't comfortable entering your personal credit card, then buy a credit card from an actual store. Like a Master Card or VISA. You can get one for $15 and up. Use that card as your credit card. Or B. Put your credit card in, and after you send the gift change it back.

iTunes will not use your gift card balance to pull from when gifting an app/movie/song.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can often use a gift card to buy another gift card in different stores, nothing wrong with that.

6. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help in answering.

7. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Here's the thing. I'm just trying to buy an app. Not a gift card. I can buy myself an app why can't I give that app to someone else. I'm really just trying to consolidate accts. we have two itunes accts but realized it was better to only purchase from acct. so that one has money on it and wanted to spend it but on the one acct. someone suggested to gift to the acct we now use. Guess we can't.