Gifting iPhone 6 options

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chiqui227, Sep 18, 2014.

1. chiqui227 macrumors newbie

What's the easiest way to gift someone a new iPhone 6?
    There's no option yet for an unlocked phone from Apple or ATT.

The person I want to give the phone to also has AT&T but we are not on the same plan.

I was thinking of doing Next on a line that I have but will I be able to gift him the phone and continue the payments on my line of service?

Please let me know if you know of any easier way to do this.

Thanks!

2. ronm99 macrumors 6502

If you are also on AT&T and did not order a new phone, you could order one for your line and then give it to your friend. You might need to call AT&T after you receive the phone to make sure that the phones are activated properly with the proper SIM cards.

3. chiqui227 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did order a phone in 1 of my 2 lines but I have another line in which I didn't order a phone.

4. ronm99 macrumors 6502

You could order a phone for that line (either full price, or if you have an upgrade available, you could get the upgrade price and extend your contract on that line for 2 years).

When you get the phone, you will want to have the phone from that line and your friend's new phone in the same room at the same time. When you turn on the new phone, it will want to deactivate the old SIM and activate the new phone as your new line. However, if you contact AT&T support, they can match up whatever SIM you want to whatever phone you'd like.

(NOTE: I am pretty sure that the above is correct, but you might want to talk to AT&T customer service to verify first).

5. chiqui227 thread starter macrumors newbie

Att doesn't allow you to pay full price though :/ I have to do att next and pay in full after 2 months