Gimme your ram! and batteries!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dukebound85, Apr 13, 2010.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Seeing how the mbp all come with 4 gigs standard, will this drop the price of the 2 gig sticks by alot? I would like to upgrade to 4 gigs at some point on my mb

Also, are the new batts interchangeable with the old 7 hr ones?

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I have a feeling, and call me crazy, but I feel that the battery is the same and the only reason they achieve better battery life is the hardware is more efficient.

If not, it should be the same size and type, anyway.

3. m85476585 macrumors 65816

The battery has a higher capacity, and until someone takes one of these laptops apart, there's no way to know for sure if a new battery will work in an old computer. My guess is no.

I don't think the price of 2gb sticks will be affected. If anything, the price will go up due to increased demand from Apple, but Apple is still only a small percentage of laptops sold. I think RAM makers are artificially holding prices high by restricting supply. They don't want to repeat what happened a few years ago when everyone was overproducing RAM, which made it dirt cheap (good for consumers but bad for manufacturers).

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Remember when the 15" G4 battery went from 48wh to 50wh? I do believe they are still interchangeable, no?

5. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

it might drop the price of used ram on ebay a little bit. Because some people that have 4 gb and want 8 gb might sell it there. otherwise, it probably won't affect the price.

6. Jarcrew macrumors 6502

Jarcrew

Give it a year or two, that 8GB RAM upgrade'll cost sod all.

7. Mr. Monsieur macrumors 6502

Are you saying that the 8GB RAM upgrade is going to cost even more?

I'm interested because I'm waiting for the price to come down on the upgrade...