iPad Ginormous iPad Air headache made right by Apple

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Menel, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

1. Bought launch morning.
    2. Spent awhile with Apple, cellular wouldn't activate, sent from Apple store to TMobile kiosk.
    3. TMobile swapped out sim cards, reseated, reset, talked with their techs. Remotely activated and said might take 2 hours. Off to catch my NYC flight.
    4. Talked to tech support, TMo and Apple while killing time in the terminal. No success.
    5. Visited a TMo store in NYC, no success.
    6. Visited Grand Central Station Apple, Wow. No success, no success with a replacement. Got a complete refund and wrote off iPad.
    7. They called back yesterday. Local store wanted to make right. After some activation hiccups, success!

[​IMG]

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Congrats, although I think we have different definitions of "ginormous". :rolleyes:

3. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

Wow... That's amazing!!!! Apple's customer service routinely blows me away.

4. Menel thread starter macrumors 603

Menel

Yea, you deal with a headache while trying to have a vacation, and prep for the NYC Marathon, with girlfriend in the background whining about boredom while dealing with tech support stuff.

5. caesarp macrumors 6502a

That relationship is clearly doomed. In NYC, basically an adult disney land, and she's bored? While you were dealing with Apple, she could have went shopping, gone to an art museum, checked out a broadway play, walked through central park or gawked at all the people. Stuffed her face at a restaurant or drank at a bar.

I'd break up with her now and avoid the pain down the road. She sounds like a royal pain in the butt.

6. Menel thread starter macrumors 603

Menel

Ummm no. It was our vacay together, and I was spinning wheels on nerd luxury addiction. You'll learn.

We still did everything on our list, Liberty crown, Colbert, Nat History museum, and Book of Mormon.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Yes, any gf that let's you go to an Apple store on vacation is a keeper. I married one.

8. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

OP-Awesome!

Back in the day when Apple Stores were a pretty new thing my wife planned our vacation for Atlanta so we could go by the Apple Store.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Me too. Now I just buy her Apple gadgets and live in marital bliss. :cool:

10. balzmcfearson macrumors regular

balzmcfearson

That's Awesome, and cool that they hooked you up for the hassle.

----------

Alone? On vaca? Lol WHAT? :D