Girl advice.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Caris, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Caris, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

So, I need some advice to do with a girl situation and I thought some people here (especially female members) might be able to help me out.

The summary.

Basically, I've had a soft spot for this girl since I was about 15/16 and I just turned 24 this week. I don't know why, can't explain it but I have. Now I used to be really fat and to be honest a bit of a mess, so I went a huge diet, lost 6 stone and got some fashion sense. Without trying to sound big headed, I do think I look pretty sharp these days.

I always said If we were both single and I have finished my diet I would ask this girl out. So last night I was out clubbing and bumped into to her at the end of the night. Big smiles and hugs everywhere, had a bit of a dance, got some photos together etc. It was going so well I thought **** it, I'm going to do it.

So in pretty drunken state I said something along the lines of "You're gonna hate me for this, but If I asked you out what would you say". I think she was a bit shocked and replied but the music was so loud and I was so drunk I couldn't make out what she was saying. I only heard the name of the other half of the club, don't know if she said she liked someone in there, or wanted me to come in with her, no idea. So we sort of shrugged it off and she left. Not in a bad way or anything just like she wanted to speak to someone or something. I was dancing with her friends and mine. She came back a little later and just before she left gave me a peck on the check and said bye. I posted a FB status about how good the night was and straight away the next morning I have a like on it from her.

Now, to my thinking If someone asked me out and I said no I'm not going to give them a little kiss and start liking stuff on FB. I would keep my distance.

So now I don't know what to do, I don't know if I should wait till I bump into her again which could be this Sunday or in a few weeks time. Or message her and say something...

Thoughts?

2. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Thank you google

Attached Files:

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Don't stress over it, if you like her and want to go out, then just ask her out
    Try not to make a big deal over it and keep it casual and light and see where things go

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Congrats on the diet now man up and call her. You were too drunk to figure out what she said and now you need to follow up. If I thought that someone liking what I put on facebook was a sign that they were into me I would look like a total tramp.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

She either thinks you're "sweet" and you have no chance or you were so drunk you didn't get the clues properly.

Text her and tell her you had a good time the other night and ask her if she would like to go there again.

6. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

I don't have her number just for the record, so it will have to be a Facebook message haha.

7. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Stop analyzing and send her a message on facebook.

8. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Just don't try to be cute and clever, just be straight up

9. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

You did all that work and finally asked her and now you're afraid to find out what happened? Just talk to her already.

10. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

Just explain to her what you put in the thread about your confusion!

Nice one for going on a diet and losing all that weight, and manning up to ask a girl out. Takes balls.

I'm sure if you explained everything to her it'll be alright... maybe ask her out to somewhere that doesn't involve getting drunk ;) ask her out for coffee or something!

11. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

Bad advice.

Man up and CALL the woman.

Facebook = passive = beta = bad
    Phone call = active = alpha = good

12. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

Takes Vodka.

13. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You must have missed the part where he said he didn't have her number and that is would have to be a FB message

The world has changed and a FB message would certainly be OK

14. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

Only read the OP.

Yes the world has "changed" but like so many other things it really hasn't.

Anyways, then yes Facebook would be fine.

15. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

lol don't overthink things, it'll just turn out worse for you

be confident and take initiative and message her about it. You can even be clever and assume she did say yes and ask when she's free

16. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

17. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

Confidence confidence confidence. You've done the hard part (losing weight, congrats by the way) and gotten yourself put together. Now it's just going after what you want.

I've been approached by guys who honestly weren't my type but were confident in themselves and it helps a lot. I've also been approached by guys who look like they'd be a lot of fun but were immature/not confident and it's a big negative. "You're going to hate me asking this...but *if* I asked you out"...you're sending out negative vibes already and asking her out hypothetically. OK, you're drunk but if this was the girl you've liked since your teenage years, it should be like a cop pulling you over: time to instantly sober up and go for it. Letting the situation pass, not cool.

Since we aren't sure what she said and can only go by the kiss on the cheek at the end, my girly situational guess is:

- She wants to be friends, kiss on the cheek was like a "nice seeing you" type gesture.

- She was blitzed out of her mind as well and wasn't sure what she was talking about. If this were the case and she liked you, it would have been a kiss on the lips.

The not having a phone # yet facebook sort of complicates it a bit so I'd say you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by just messaging her, ask her for her phone # and then ask her out OVER THE PHONE. Yes FB has changed the way we communicate but asking someone out over FB isn't cool.

18. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

GL; I would have advised for you to get her number after a fb chat and then called her on the phone couple of days later.

19. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Dude! You are in.

Call her. Now, the weekend is nigh.

And throttle back on the drinking for the first date.

Cheers.

20. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Do keep us posted on how it went!

21. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I can't get past the I lost 6 stones part. Is that still used as a measurement in some places? Do scales actually say "stones" on them instead of pounds or ounces or whatever?

22. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I lost one stone before, came out when I pee'd it was painful.

23. Mac'nCheese, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Jesus, did it weigh 14 pounds, cause, dude, you must be WRECKED down there.

24. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Ouch:eek:

25. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

Was it in the kidney?