Girl Q: Is she interested?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zali0n, Mar 9, 2009.

1. zali0n macrumors regular

What do you think? Slightly off topic but i'd like to get your opinion on this...

So here's the deal, I've had my eye on a girl for a little while now and finally when in to ask her out. She has 2 jobs, one in a shop and the 2nd in a restaurant. I spotted her in a shop a few months back then went out for dinner at the weekend to the restaurant. She already knows my parents though the shop and recognized us during the restaurant.

When I went into the shop to ask her for her number and recognized who I was and asked how I was doing etc, I then asked her if she'd like my number to arrange to go out sometime, at which point she promptly gave her number and never took mine.

We arranged a date for a week later (which is actually tomorrow). I've texted her a few times but that has been it, only simply to start a part of conversation. I haven't spoken to her for a few days so simply called to find out what time, where she'd like to meet etc for the date. When she answered the phone she didn't know who I was which makes me think she didn't bother to save my number, it was only until I said who I was she knew. But anyway she said she was busy at work, couldn't talk and to speak another time.

So my thing is, is she really interested, should I leave it and wait to hear from her. I don't want to keep harassing her with texts and calls!

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Here's an idea:

Ask her if she's interested...

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

It's difficult to know given the info. You can tell a lot more by spending time with her and reading her body language. She accepted a date, that's a start. See how it goes from there and don't overthink it.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

In this case, I can't really tell.

However, I wouldn't give up. She could have been genuinely busy, and disappointed if you don't call back. Perhaps she would be relieved. I really don't know what to tell you.

5. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

she is prob not that flooded at work. she is saying" try harder "

6. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Hard to tell, but it seems as if she was interested at one time, but now she is not. See how the date goes, and go from there.

7. eldy macrumors 6502

Zero interest. I'm talking like a free WaMu checking account.

8. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

You know, not everyone has caller ID on their phone. Maybe she didn't recognize your number because she's trying to save money and not pay the $5 month rip-off that is caller ID.

She accepted the invitation. Either she has issues saying no, or she's interested.

9. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Don't take yourself out of the equation. Be assertive and don't assume anything, you really really gotta step out on a limb and make her notice you. It's uncomfortable and a pain but if she's not sure who you are it's simply because she just doesn't remember you. Not a bad thing, but not good. I cannot believe i'm posting in this thread.

10. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I think you're are on the radar but as far as interest level i'd say maybe 40/45%. She gave you her number and she accepted your date which are all +ve signs.

I think your date should it happen will probably prove decisive.

11. MegaMillions macrumors regular

Seconded.

12. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

There are things in your post that would support both sides of the questions. As someone who has been going out with the same girl in high school for nearly a year and four months, you should go for it! :cool: Good luck with the date...