girl scared of computers needs help!!:)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stefmcs, Apr 22, 2008.

1. stefmcs macrumors newbie

i hope this is the right forum to post too and if not apologies,im very new to this, i hope someone will be able to help me,its probably a very simple matter to fix it but im completely useless with computers,im not sure how ive done it but my safari page seems to have gotten smaller and i cant extend it back to its original size,ive looked around the safari toolbar but nothing has happened,tried restarting it aswell in case it was just a temporary problem but its the same, if anyone could help i'd be so so grateful:)

2. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Click the green button in the traffic light type thing at the upper left of the window, or click and drag the lower right hand corner of the window until it's exactly the size you want.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

clicking the green button is more often miss than hit with me. so much that i don't even bother with it and just drag the window from the bottom right corner. it's easy and relatively quick.

4. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

To resize (for the geometrically challenged), drag this button:

Attached Files:

5. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Could you press the SHIFT key, :apple:COMMAND key, and 3 key at the same time please to take a screenshot of the problem. Do this with safari open so we can see the problem. I don't really understand your problem see.

The screen shot you take will be put on your desktop...attach it by replying and scrolling down and clicking this...

Attached Files:

6. stefmcs thread starter macrumors newbie

i dragged it out and that worked,thanks so much for your help,i really appreciate it. :)

7. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Poop, a damsel in distress, and I missed the opportunity. [​IMG]

8. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

Actually, she was a he. And big and hairy and typing in a damp basement. However he knew he wouldn't get any help from us nerds if he was honest about his gender. :D

9. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

LOL!
    Seems you have used that technique before...? ;)

Next time anyone tries to get our attention buy claiming to be a "girl in despair", they must upload a pic of themselves. :D

10. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I couldn't help but share in the fun, the OP didn't know how to resize the browser window but she new how to create an account on MR and post for help? LOL.:D

11. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Hm... that does indicate female behaviour.... :D
    Sorry, oblomow, I think you might be wrong. :p

12. stefmcs thread starter macrumors newbie

i feel like i should be defending my honour here!:D anyway i just typed how to resize safari window in google and it brought be straight here,even a computer spaz like myself can follow a few instructions!;) :p

anyway thanks again for all your help,
    have a good day:eek:

13. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

No need to defend your honour. We're here to help. Every soul that we can win from the dark side and that is in need of help is welcome. Male or female. :)

14. Bobbi Flekman macrumors regular

You sure?

[​IMG]

15. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Honestly, the one on the right is reasonably cute. I'm no chubby chaser, but as long as a girl's weight is not so extreme that it actually warps the human shape like can be seen in the 3 leftmost girls, then I don't find a girl's weight enters into how attractive the girl looks to me. Curviness on a girl neither automatically makes me more or less attracted to her.

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

seems to me we have a difference on what we define as "cute" lol :p

17. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

I didn't say she was the girl of my dreams, I just said she is reasonably cute. In other words, since I'm not turned off by some extra fat, what I see is... well let me keep this family forum friendly... I see a couple of nice attributes upstairs, smooth skin, and red hair (which I'm a complete sucker for).