[girl thread] Can anyone psychoanalyze me? [emo]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Jun 6, 2007.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I'm not usually an emo person. But I think this will be one of those moments.

I am usually a logical person. I dug myself out of a depression by discovering answers within myself that basically solved my outlook on life. When I feel something, I analyze it, found the real reason behind it, then gave it the answer it needed. Sometimes it is an illogical feeling, sometimes it is bad feelings because of two conflicting beliefs I have. Things like that. This almost always solved the conflicting issue within myself.

But now, I'm out of ideas.

I'm in a long-distance relationship.

Basically, I'm feeling things that I do not understand. They are not logical, and I cannot explain them frankly to myself. So maybe you guys, with an objective view, can shade some light into that.

Lately, I feel conflicting feelings about keeping in touch. At first, I wanted her to keep in touch with me all the time. She was not really keeping in touch constantly at first. I told her that I needed a little more. Throw me a bone here, I basically said. She improved.

That ends what I understand.

What I don't understand is that recently, I begun to have bitter feelings towards her. Even while I wanted her to talk to me, and I want to talk to her, at the same time I wanted to push her away. My feelings basically wanted to punish her, for what I don't know. I don't know why I wanted to push her away, and I don't know why I am being so bitter about this.

I think what makes it worse is that I have no idea what it means, and why I am feeling this way. Maybe if I understood, I can give it an answer it wanted, and it'll be over with.

I wish I can tell you more, but I don't understand it myself. Can anyone tell me? Perhaps they had a similar experience, and found the answer within themselves, or maybe they have an idea I don't.

Ok that's all.

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

You must know that I do not love and that I love you,
    because everything alive has its two sides;
    a word is one wing of silence,
    fire has its cold half.

I love you in order to begin to love you,
    to start infinity again
    and never to stop loving you:
    that's why I do not love you yet.

I love you, and I do not love you, as if I held
    keys in my hand: to a future of joy-
    a wretched, muddled fate-

My love has two lives, in order to love you:
    that's why I love you when I do not love you,
    and also why I love you when I do.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

haha, you're not 'emo' you're human. :p

anyways, of course you wanted her to talk to you more, you were insecure, now that you're comfortable, you sometimes need your space. talk to her about that. or perhaps its the seems to be the same conversation over and over. try to broaden the range of topics, more than just your day/her day stuff.

perhaps you're bitter because shes there, and you're someplace else.

could be a lot of things.

4. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Ah, logic of the heart. As Blaise Pascal said, "the heart has a logic of its own".
    One common response to loving someone is to resent that need, and by extension, resent the person who makes you feel that need.
    Twisted,eh? Welcome to the jungle.;)

5. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Guess my location is ironically fitting huh.

6. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

youre not emo, your just pushing her away b/c you physically need her, and you mind thinks its her fault.

7. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Stop being such a macho-man and accept a little confusion in your life.:D

You don't understand yourself. You've just managed to create enough fictions that explain you to yourself. You want us to create a fiction for you that will help you to assimilate this latest disruption of your otherwise solid self... If it helps, it's normal.

8. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Your subconscious is telling you that you want out of this long distance relationship; that you want a new girlfriend that is geographically closer.

9. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

It's a Tarzan thing. I don't know many Janes who have this condition. :p I think women love wanting someone if it's returned; men would rather just bypass the wanting and head straight to the getting ;) Gross stereotyping, but it works for me in my experience.