Girlfriend lost iPhone SIM card while it was in her RAZR... reactivate an old SIM?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jshbckr, Jul 20, 2008.

1. jshbckr macrumors 6502

She puts her iPhone SIM card into her old RAZR when we go on bike rides. Well today, we were glad she didn't ride with her iPhone. Somewhere along the ride, she exclaims "Where is my phone?!" We ride back the last few miles to when she remembered having it last. Well, the phone is gone.

I called AT&T from my phone and we deactivated her SIM (So if anyone got a hold of it, they wouldn't be able to download songs and ringtones to their new found phone using her AT&T account)

Well now we're back at home, and I've got an old SIM card of mine. When we put it in her iPhone, the phone still says "No Sim"

Can we somehow reactivate her phone?

2. danedane5 macrumors member

danedane5

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think you have to wait to get a new SIM from AT&T... perhaps you can accelerate it by going to an AT&T store?

Unless the SIM is still active on your account (where did it come from again?), and it's a first gen (EDGE) iPhone, in which case you could unlock it if you really can't wait.

Of course, though, you realize, that if you put your SIM in the iPhone, it will be activated on your phone number and account, and not hers, right?

4. PcEhAoCsE macrumors newbie

Yeah, just drop by an AT&T store and tell them what happened.

Really shouldn't be a problem...except for the loss of the phone.

5. jshbckr thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, we'll have to go in tomorrow and get a new SIM card, I suppose.

She could care less about the RAZR, she used it for precisely this reason, if she lost it or it broke, it wouldn't be happening to her iPhone.

Thanks for the help!