Girlfriend picked up the new rose gold

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Goaliegeek, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

My girlfriend bought a 38mm white sport Saturday and was happy, but when we were watching the keynote tonight she fell in love with the rose gold watch. Luckily, our Apple Store had it in stock and we exchanged her white sport for the new rose gold and lavender. Tried to take some images here and the colors don't do it much justice. It is a very pretty color. Elegant. Figured I'd post this and if you're interested, check your store stock. They didn't have the 42mm sizes yet.

Attached Files:

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Awesome. Does it have the rose gold color option for the watch faces? The Editions have unique faces such that the second hand, date, etc. are in yellow/rose gold. I'm just wondering if the gold/rose gold Sport models are the same way?

3. Goaliegeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

From what I just read, watch os 2 GM has those colors for the new bands

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

watchOS 2 GM includes all new colours to match all the new bands and such for your watch faces.

5. sirenized macrumors regular

Just purchased this myself for in store pick up. I almost pulled the trigger this weekend but wanted to see what the event brought. So glad I waited

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

7. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Beautiful watch. My girlfriend wants the same one badly. If only my bank account would allow it..

8. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

if it wasn't such a pain in the butt to synch the info from one watch to another.... i'd get one to swap out w/my space gray sport depending on my mood/outfit....

so in the pics posted above it almost appears less pink than in the apple pictures.... more like a "real" rose gold vs a pink rose gold.

did they have one on display at the store? I may have to go see it as i'm undecided about getting my phone in rose gold (I want it to be MORE pink not more copper!!)

9. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Aw, don't feel bad. She's very lucky to have someone who would want to buy that for her. I've been with my husband for close to 30 years and we couldn't afford to splurge on each other until the last 15 years, really. But it was always enough for each of us to know that we wanted to.

To Goaliegeek, thanks for posting the picture. It's gorgeous. So is that bracelet your girlfriend is wearing. Is that also rose gold? It's a good match for the watch at any rate.

10. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

That's beautiful! I've been thinking of picking one up.

11. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

See, this picture makes it look like proper rose gold, but some pictures make it look pink. Which one is it?? :confused:

12. MaulRx Suspended

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The white balance is off because the lavender band looks stone. If you watch the unboxing video, the rose gold aluminum is quite pink, compared to the more subtle rose gold seen on the Edition.

14. Spielerin macrumors newbie

Checked it out in store today. Watch is very pink. Made me think of cross between lipstick and glitter. Lavender band is very grey. Was loving it in pictures. Appalled in person. And as a "girly" girl, too pink for me. Sticking with my silver sport.

15. judethat macrumors 6502

judethat

Love the new combination, have to wait til Monday for it to arrive.