Give All Lyrics to iTunes/iPod...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ArtOfWarfare, Jul 3, 2008.

1. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Does anyone know of a program that will run through my iTunes library (or maybe just selected playlists...) and find the lyrics and copy them into iTunes?

PearLyrics will do it one song at a time... but I have to actually play each song and then manually tell it to copy the lyrics to iTunes.

Isn't there a program that I can just have run overnight and find all and download the lyrics my 4000+ songs?

Oh... and while not very important... it would be nice if it didn't include

<!--######--> at the bottom of every song's lyrics...

I assume it's some kind of HTML comment that some website uses for categorizing lyrics that PearLyrics mistakes for being a part of the lyrics...

Oh, one last thing, is there some way I can see in iTunes just the songs with or without lyrics already in the file? So I can see if lyrics are available or if I need to find and fill them in...

2. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

3. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

That's another lyrics widget...

I already have one...

I don't want a lyrics widget.

I want a program that will find ALL the lyrics to ALL the songs I have in my iTunes library! Even songs I'm not listening to! I want to just leave it running overnight and in the morning I can plug my iPod in to sync and then find 20 minutes later that all 4000+ of the songs on my iPod have the lyrics included!

4. Macsterling macrumors regular

Macsterling

Try a script called iTunes Cool. Its only $5 or $6 but it will allow you to select all your songs in iTunes and Find the lyrics for them. It worked out great for me. I have over 20,000 songs in my library and that script filled about 80% of them. The script lets you do other things as well and opens when you have iTunes open.